Overcoming Hopelessness – Nick Vujicic at TEDxNoviSad

I didn’t have the opportunity to attend Nick Vujicic’s event in Manila a week ago. Still I’m glad that a handful of friends were able to. And I’m very happy for them to have met Nick in person and be inspired. I have this BIG hope that I will be able to meet Nick somewhere soon.

This TEDxTalk session from Nick will awaken the hopeless part in you. Just like Nick, I have to admit that there was a time when I wanted to end my life. And I am so grateful to God that He has been faithful to me despite me losing hope when I was younger.

Do we see our real value? Do we look beyond the value of our money? Our investments? our jobs? Our businesses? Our relationships?

Nick tells us to never lose hope. To see the beauty in us. He asserts that the willpower is a driving force for making our big dreams come true. Nick says that if we don’t get a miracle in life, we can always be a miracle to someone else. Continue reading Overcoming Hopelessness – Nick Vujicic at TEDxNoviSad

“Thou Shalt Not Be Poor” – The 11th Commandment

Ms. Rosalind Wee of Marine Resources Development Corp. was the one who coined that 11th Commandment tagline, FYI. 🙂

It’s the first phrase that you will read upon opening the first pages of the new book of Bro. Bo Sanchez and Dean Pax Lapid called “How To Turn Your Passion Into Profit – 8 Keys to Build a Truly Rich Business”.

This morning, our office Admin boys entered my room and handed me this dark brown/black box which I first thought was a box of chocolates. I was hallucinating and famished so please forgive me. Continue reading “Thou Shalt Not Be Poor” – The 11th Commandment

Can A Retail Investor Attend an Annual Stockholders’ Meeting?

Before we answer the question, let us go back first to the Stockholders’ Rights and Protection of Minority Stockholders’ Interests section of the SEC’s Code of Corporate Governance.

What Are Your Rights as a Minority Stockholder?

1) As a shareholder, you have the right to elect, remove and replace directors and vote on certain corporate acts in accordance with the Corporation Code.

2. You have the right to subscribe to the capital stock of the corporation (pre-emptive rights).

3. You have the right to inspect corporate books and records including minutes of Board meetings and stock registries in accordance with the Corporation Code and to provide them an annual report, including financial statements, without cost or restrictions. Continue reading Can A Retail Investor Attend an Annual Stockholders’ Meeting?