I’m Burn Gutierrez, a financial literacy advocate, an investor, and an online entrepreneur. I am also a musician and a songwriter.
If you have no idea on how to start a business online, investing, or blogging, and having passive income, this page is for you!
I will tell you everything you need to (re)start in Manny Pacquiao-speed or Slash-like power-licks to become money-wise and have your own money-making machine ASAP!
My Rock To Riches Journey
I started my quest to achieve financial freedom back in 2002 after going back to the Philippines from my 2-year stint abroad. I challenged myself that I can achieve my goals without having to leave the Philippines again.
This is when I learned about investing in mutual funds and the importance of having a life insurance.
BUT, this did not happen overnight. I struggled financially and relationally during my pursuit for financial freedom. I had debts, so many debts. And lost a handful of friends because of those debts.
I once dreamed to become a “rockstar”. I imagined myself performing in front of thousands of fans and music followers.
This was during the time that I was scampering for my daily needs. I won a few battles and achieved some few moments of fame. But I knew that the total rock stardom won’t happen for me, at least not yet. Not that time. I just could not let my family starve while I still selfishly want to accomplish that dream that will only serve my own good.
I vowed never to be poor again. There will be bumps and shakes along the journey. But that’s what rockin’ and rollin’ is all about. It will take time, knowledge, and resources to achieve financial freedom.
I created this online journal so I can share my experience and knowledge and to help people especially Filipinos who are also struggling to achieve their goals to become truly rich and abundant in all areas of their lives.
Join me in this journey. Rock to riches!
Burn Gutierrez is an advocate of financial education, music, creativity, and social responsibility.
- Co-Founder and Chairman of Angat Pilipinas Coalition for Financial Literacy, Inc.
- Certified Internal Controls Auditor (Institute of Internal Controls, New Jersey, USA)
- CEO, English Learning Camp
- Managing Director, Good Light Massage Center
- Co-Founder and former Director, Philcrowd
- Author of the Philippines’ first ever personal finance-influenced comic book “The Adventures of Pepot Kuripot and Dora Gastadora”
- Co-Author of Cyberpreneur Philippines
- Co-Founder of New Rich Society, an online entrepreneurship program
- Enter Entrepreneurship Webinar event director for Manila Workshops
- Worked in the corporate world in various companies as Head of Accounting & Finance, Audit and Compliance
- Motivational speaker
- Basic stock market investing coach for Bo Sanchez’ TrulyRichClub members (BoClubs.com)
- Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA), Member
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE), Member
- Philippine Institute of Certified Public Accountants (PICPA), Member
- Columnist, Kabayan Weekly Newspaper/Online, Dubai, UAE
- Former contributor of Young Blood (pre-internet Inquirer Philippines)
- Former contributor of In His Steps (CFC-Singles for Christ Ministries)
- Singer and Songwriter for the band Vinyard, sessioned with Jett Pangan, Kitchie Nadal, Brownman Revival, etc.
- Indie film and theater actor
- Volunteer for various causes and advocacies such as Rock Ed Philippines, Kerygma Missions, Gawad Kalinga, etc.
- Guested in radio shows of Energy FM, Jam 88.3, RX 93.1, Magic 89.9, RJ Underground Radio 105.9, The Edge Radio, and NU 107, and at TV shows MTV Siesta (MTV Philippines), RJ-TV Live, ANC OnTheMoney, and Breakfast Show at Studio 23
- Organizes financial literacy and investment seminars
- Plans and organizes art events and concerts
- Manages and books talents and artists