The Family That Invests Together, Stays Together. Forever.

It’s my birthday today. The day is about to end actually. But the celebration of life continues.

When I woke up this morning, tons of birthday greetings filled my email inbox and Facebook timeline. I feel so blessed for having so many friends and loved ones. For me, they are the true wealth in one’s life.

What caught my attention and touched my heart was an email from one of my blog followers, an OFW based in South Korea. I remember him getting inspired and commented on my post about an OFW based in Saudi Arabia who never gave up completing his requirements just to start his investing journey. Continue reading The Family That Invests Together, Stays Together. Forever.

A Divine Financial Awakening Away From Home

Today, I will be featuring a guest blogger at My Saving Money Tips and a fellow financial advocate at OFW UsapangPiso, Anna “Jing” Santos, to tell her experience as a Filipino who left the Philippines to find better opportunities in Canada. She also shares her quest for financial independence and how she was able to overcome her personal financial struggles.

My Divine Financial Awakening Away From Home

Who does not want a greener pasture? Of course, everyone does! Even animals themselves scout for a new site where they can benefit more. The same thing is true with us humans. We search for a better place to stay and experience life fruitfully and financially prosperous.

One specific example is us, Filipinos. The one great reason why we leave our beloved country, Philippines, is to find better future for ourselves and loved ones. It is also a common practice from all over the world that people go out of their respective countries, either temporarily or permanently, believing they can find a better status somewhere else. Continue reading A Divine Financial Awakening Away From Home

Ending A Business Emotionally – Who Misses NU107?

Immense sadness engulfed the Pinoy rock crowd along Garnet and Emerald Streets in Ortigas when NU107 played the Eraserheads’ “Ang Huling El Bimbo” as its final song on air and signed off for the last time a little past midnight on November 8, 2010.  Rock musicians and enthusiasts were orphaned and left without any alternative rock station to listen to and to fill in the void.

Close to 3 years since the station’s demise, the same old rockers and fans still long for the pleasurable noise and rhythm of NU107. Some Facebook group members even speculate a big comeback in November this year. (Rumor-mongering/publicity is sometimes good for a business’ health. :P)

All of us 90’s buffs will never forget the institutional programs of In The Raw, Crossroads, Against The Flow, The Midnight Countdown, Not Radio, Jake/Zach & Joey in the Morning, and the rest of the other successful shows including Rock Ed Radio, University Rock, unTV‘s Strangebrew that ran almost all throughout the whole new millennium. Continue reading Ending A Business Emotionally – Who Misses NU107?