While the rest have already spent their Christmas bonuses, a lot of Filipinos have yet to receive theirs at the end of December. And some are yet to receive hefty incentives and allowances in the first week of January.
For most people, spending is more fulfilling than saving and investing during the post-Christmas season.
I have compiled 10 of the most effective spending habits for Filipinos to practice if they believe that saving and investing mean nothing for their future.
How To Spend Your Bonus This Year
1. Buy lotto tickets at Php100 (US$2.50) each for all the types of draws (6/42, Megalotto 6/45, Superlotto 6/49, Grand Lottoe 6/55, EZ2 Lotto, Power Lotto, etc.) on every draw date for the next 4 weeks. Who knows? You could be the next multi-millionaire! (Php100 x 15 draws per week x 4 weeks) = Php6,000
2. Get a tall frappe at Starbucks daily before going to work for one month. (Php155 x 30 days) = Php4,650
3. Smoke your favorite cigarette at 1 pack a day (Php50 x 30 days) = Php1,500
4. Get a a prepaid
iPhone5 iPhone6 64GB kit = Php45,000 (just an estimate) and play with it along Aurora Blvd. or Pasay Rotonda.
5. Go for a Php10,000 shopping spree weekend on Three Kings Day (January 6, 2013). Besides, it’s the last day of Christmas.
6. Buy six 1-liter bottles of Red Horse at 7-11 with your friendly neighbor every weekend this January alone. (Php60 x 6 bottles x 8 weekend days) = Php2,880
7. Watch all 7 movies featured at the Metro Manila Film Festival at the Mall of Asia with 10 of your friends and family members. (Php210 x 7 movies x 10 persons) =Php14,700
8. Get a take out of your favorite fastfood meal to bring home after work. Every day. (Php150 x 26 days) = Php3,900
9. Invest at least Php10,000 on an unknown money-making business that promises 50% interest in one month.
10. If you’re in the Philippines, go to the U.S. for a tour. If you’re in the U.S., go to the Philippines for a vacation. If your bonus isn’t enough to shoulder all your vacation expenses, then borrow the bonus of your colleague.
There you have it. You just spent Php83,930 of your precious bonus.
Do you have other crazy, foolish suggestions on how to spend your bonus this year? Please comment below.
Hmmm…and by the way, did you know that if you had a similar bonus of P83,930 last November 2012 and invested it in let’s say, BDO Equity Fund immediately, that money would have grown by at least 27% or equivalent to a yield of P26,625.31 as of December 28, 2015. Your total money, capital and yield included, should have been P114,555.31 today.
Oh yeah, that’s too small for you. 😉
Important Note: We are not preventing you to spend on these things if you have already addressed the things you need to focus on first like debt elimination, building up your emergency fund, insuring your life and health, establishing a constant flow of income through employment or business, etc.
Rock your way to abundance!
P.S. 1. Are you an OFW who’s been looking for a investment placement where your money could grow higher than your time deposit accounts? Are you outside of Metro Manila and would like to start investing in mutual funds but have no personal advisors to help you out? Click here so I can help you open a mutual fund account NOW! .
P.S. 2. Due to popular demand, my good friend and business partner Jon Orana will be releasing again his online program called the Internet Business Master Class. This exciting online learning program is about creating and selling e-books in the internet. Here’s a FREE 23-page step-by-step guide on how to make money selling e-books including which topics to write. Enroll in Jon’s IBMC Class NOW until December 24 ONLY! Click here to enroll!
P.S. 3. Bro. Bo Sanchez has appointed me as a coach for our young and new investors at the TrulyRichClub social site. It’s a fun, learning family with the purpose of “helping good people become rich”. I’m inviting you to join the TrulyRichClub too and email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions. Click here to join!
P.S. 4. My co-author/illustrator Des Feliciano and I have just launched our “The Adventures of Pepot Kuripot and Dora Gastadora” comic book! It’s arguably the first and only personal finance-influenced comic book in the Philippines. You may grab your copy before Christmas at your favorite National Bookstore and Powerbooks outlets. Or you can grab your copy yourself at The Pantry at 07 in Makati City and ilovemilktea in Las Pinas City. Now available also in Australia, Saudi Arabia, and the USA! Email email@example.com for more details.
P.S. 5. Yes, our Cyberpreneur Philippines book is now out in bookstores! Check out the chapters from my fellow authors Ray Calbay, Fitz Villafuerte, Ginger Arboleda, Kristel Silang, Marv de Leon, Paolo Lising, Anne Quintos, and other great online entrepreneurs and experts! Score your copy here now!