Starting the year right means feeding your mind with positive memories and pushing out the bad ones.
It does not need to be complicated. All you need to do is to apply the “negative out, positive in” approach to your daily mind diet.
That’s right. I’m been reading Tim Sanders’ “Today We Are Rich”.
In this book, Tim believes that possessing a confident outlook makes one perform at the highest level. It says that if you believe in yourself, the people you rely on, and God, you will be able to do what you once thought was impossible.
Here are five things that we suggest that you do from morning until evening from this day and beyond.
1. Exercise your gratitude muscle. You can not change feelings but you can change your daily habits to strengthen your sense of gratitude. Every morning when you wake up, get out of your bed slowly and give your waking mind time to adjust. Be thankful for every great morning and for all the simple yet great things you have right now.
2. Read good books or publications. Do not immediately go online or check your email or Facebook notifications on the first hour you are awake. Read books or high-quality magazines instead with inspirational of instructional materials. Of course, study them and think purposefully about the meaning of what you are reading.
3. Review what is going right and the positive things to accomplish before the end of the day. Have a 5 to 10 minute positive-thinking time after your lunch hour. If you are near a church or a chapel, visit and meditate for 10 minutes. That means just letting your mind clear of stress and negative thoughts.
4. Eliminate network television when you get home from business or work. Do not automatically switch on your TV. Doing this will just undo your day’s mind food management efforts. Try to listen to good and quiet instrumental music instead before taking your dinner. Play with your child. Have a good conversation with your wife about the good things you experienced during the day. Nothing beats quality time with your family and loved ones.
5. Pray and reflect about giving before going to bed. Think about giving something to someone the next day without expecting in return. Think about giving something that will empower someone and this will in turn give more confidence in yourself. If you give others enough power, you will influence them to go beyond material possession. This will allow to transform themselves from just being recipients to being givers as well.
When you give and expect a return on your investment, you are an investor. When you give and expect to be famous, then you are a self-promoter. But when you give only for the love of giving, you are a generous person. Be an instrument of generosity.
A Very Happy and Abundant New Year!
Follow my posts this year by subscribing to Rock To Riches for FREE!
Rock your way to abundance!
P.S. 1. Are you an OFW who’s been looking for a investment placement where your money could grow higher than your time deposit accounts? Are you outside of Metro Manila and would like to start investing in mutual funds but have no personal advisors to help you out? Click here so I can help you open a mutual fund account NOW! .
P.S. 2. Bro. Bo Sanchez has appointed me as a coach for our young and new investors at the TrulyRichClub social site. It’s a fun, learning family with the purpose of “helping good people become rich”. I’m inviting you to join the TrulyRichClub too and email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions. Click here to join!
P.S. 3. My co-author/illustrator Des Feliciano and I have just launched our “The Adventures of Pepot Kuripot and Dora Gastadora” comic book! It’s arguably the first and only personal finance-influenced comic book in the Philippines. You may grab your copy before Christmas at your favorite National Bookstore and Powerbooks outlets. Or you can grab your copy yourself at ilovemilktea in Las Pinas City. Now available also in Australia, Saudi Arabia, and the USA! Email email@example.com for more details.
P.S. 4. Yes, our Cyberpreneur Philippines book is now out in bookstores! Check out the chapters from my fellow authors Ray Calbay, Fitz Villafuerte, Ginger Arboleda, Kristel Silang, Marv de Leon, Paolo Lising, Anne Quintos, and other great online entrepreneurs and experts! Score your copy here now!
P.S. 5. Send healthcare and grocery products online to your loved ones in the Philippines via BeamandGo!