I was buried in debts. And I still owe good debts from some friends and relatives that I promise to pay soon. 😛
But here’s the thing: I don’t create new bad debts.
I just wonder how some friends and relatives earning no more than Php15k a month can afford to go to Singapore or Palawan (as evidenced by their latest photos in social sites) and afterwards borrow from other friends who themselves have never been to such places in their whole life. Piso fare, perhaps?
What would you feel if a minimum-earning neighbor play Zombie games on his iPad as you pass by their house while you, YOU who have been itching to have one soon but just couldn’t for now? Because you just paid all your debts and you still want to grow your savings by investing.
So you wanna splurge on unnecessary expenses and live above your means again? Here’s some advice for you.
How To Get Buried in Debts
1) Don’t budget. Don’t make a list of all your periodic and regular expenses. You will just waste paper and pen ink. Just continue borrowing.
2) Avoid earning more. Be content with your current job. Avoid opportunities to earn passive income. Don’t use your talent or core gifts. Be sentimental: Don’t sell your old valuable belongings. Bringing in more cash will just give you more headache.
3) Shop anything you want. Don’t look at price tags. You will look poor if you do. Don’t use discount coupons or deal cards. You will look cheap. And don’t forget to use all your credit cards.
4) Buy NOW what you can buy in the future. It’s better to have the thing you love now while others still don’t have it.
5) Spend all your bonuses and salary increments. So what’s the reason you were given a raise, a tax refund, or a bonus at work? So you can have extra money to spend. Nothing else. Don’t save and invest. You will not enjoy tomorrow what you can enjoy now. Needs and wants don’t have that much difference.
6) Never mind your debt-repayment schedule. Others do automatic debt payment systems. That’s just too ugly for your spending plans. Don’t make additional debt payments every time you have extra cash. You can postpone anytime, anyway. You’re just too rich to pay the interest.
7) Forget about long-term goals. God will take care of you.
Prepare to be poor forever.
Do you have other suggestions on how to continue being in debt? Post your comments below.
Subscribe to BurnGutierrez.Com to learn more about eliminating savings.
Rock your way to abundance!
P.S. 1. Are you an OFW who’s been looking for a investment placement where your money could grow higher than your time deposit accounts? Are you outside of Metro Manila and would like to start investing in mutual funds but have no personal advisors to help you out? Click here so I can help you open a mutual fund account NOW! .
P.S. 2. Bro. Bo Sanchez has appointed me as a coach for our young and new investors at the TrulyRichClub social site. It’s a fun, learning family with the purpose of “helping good people become rich”. I’m inviting you to join the TrulyRichClub too and email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions. Click here to join!
P.S. 3. My co-author/illustrator Des Feliciano and I have just launched our “The Adventures of Pepot Kuripot and Dora Gastadora” comic book! It’s arguably the first and only personal finance-influenced comic book in the Philippines. Order your copy now from our website http://pepotanddora.com and have it delivered right at your doorstep. Or you can grab your copy yourself at The Pantry at 07 in Makati City and ilovemilktea in Las Pinas City. Now available also in Australia, Saudi Arabia, and the USA! Email email@example.com for more details.
P.S. 4. If you are based abroad or just outside of Metro Manila and has been itching to learn more on how to jumpstart your business dreams, join me and my friend, serial entrepreneur Ginger Arboleda, as we take you through a series 2-hour webinars (for 11 Saturdays) that will help you focus on the technical skills and specific things that you have always wanted to know about in order to grow your business. We have come up with 10 sessions with 11 expert lecturers (with 1 FREE session if you enroll in the full program) that will make you a stronger and better entrepreneur. Register here to join the Enter Entrepreneurship Webinar Program now!
P.S. 5. Learn How To Make Money From Foreclosed Properties! We are on our 3rd run of the Usapang Foreclosed Property Investing with Jay Castillo of ForeclosurePhilippines.com! Happening on September 26, 2015 at the SMX Aura, Bonifacio Global City. Click here to register and avail the early bird promo!
P.S. 2. Learn How To Earn Through Larry Gamboa’s Real Estate System. Real Estate Mentor Larry Gamboa is giving a Seminar on June 1, 2013 on how he buys foreclosed properties or properties from “motivated sellers” and turn them around into rental properties or quick sales. If you’re interested to learn his system, click here now!
Photo credit: Bank Cards, Wikimedia Commons