OFW UsapangPiso Singapore: Money By The Book – A Talk on Stewardship

After a very humble yet successful basic personal finance coaching sessions held in Dubai earlier this month, the OFW UsapangPiso Group will host another talk that will awaken the financial souls of our OFW’s in Singapore featuring our well-loved personal finance guru Randell Tiongson, RFP.

This mini-event sponsored by OFW UsapangPiso Singapore entitled “Money By The Book – A Talk on Stewardship” will tackle topics about the principles of ownership, responsibility, accountability, and rewards that will help our OFW’s based in Singapore to withdraw from a worldly view on finances, and begin to see it from God’s perspective. Continue reading OFW UsapangPiso Singapore: Money By The Book – A Talk on Stewardship

To Die In The Name of Education

When I was a naive young student, I used to have grudges against my former university for not letting me take my exams several times after failing to pay the examination fees.

Although I had a scholarship grant in college, this only covered tuition fees and not my daily allowances or monthly stipends.

My scholarship foundation was not directly paying my school. Every month I had to attend the foundation’s regular meetings so that I could collect the cash from their treasurer myself and sign on their receipt logbook. Continue reading To Die In The Name of Education

Don’t Expect Relatives And Friends To Listen To You Always

There are several times when you get so very frustrated forcing a subject to people you love the most. And oftentimes these are about things that you firmly believe will benefit them the same way you are enjoying now.

I’m talking about trying to sell that “investing” thing to your parents, brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles, friends. You want them to grow by showing them the way to do it. You try hard to let them know that this is the key to financial independence.

But you end up being looked at with a quip, “Okay, I’ll think about it…” or “I’ll do it next year..” Continue reading Don’t Expect Relatives And Friends To Listen To You Always