After a successful Cashflow Game event in November 2013, our OFW UsapangPiso Dubai group is bringing back the Rat Race game to our OFW’s on May 9, 2014 at the same venue but with much fun and more giveaways!
Cashflow is an educational tool in board game format designed by Robert Kiyosaki (author of Rich Dad, Poor Dad), which aims to teach the players concepts of investing by having their money work for them in a risk free setting (play money) while simultaneously increasing their financial literacy and stressing the imperative nature of accountability. The board game is based in a financial and economic simulation environment.
What Are The Spaces in the Rat Race?
1) Paycheck – Each time you land on or pass Pay Check you receive the amount of your Monthly Cash Flow from the bank, or if it is negative (minus) you pay the bank. The period between pay checks is one month. Your pay check is added to your cash on hand.
2) Opportunity – Big Deal or Small Deal?
Small Deals cost from $0 to $5,000.00
Big Deals start from $6000.00 up-wards.
Some opportunities can be sold to other players for a price negotiated between the players.
Note: Down payment & Cost go to Assets. Mortgage to liabilities and CashFlow to Income.
3) The Market – The Market card is where you will find buyers for your investments. It also includes economic events that may affect your financial position.
Note: Everyone who has the exact assets as you may sell at the specified price. The number and cost of stocks go to Assets.
4) Doodads – These are the unexpected and often unnecessary items on which we spend our money. You will have the opportunity to pay by Cash or Credit.
Note: You may borrow from the bank to pay a Doodad bill.
5) Charity – Just as in life Charity is OPTIONAL. You may choose to give 10% of your total income to charity, in exchange for the use of 2 dice instead of one. You will have this option on each of your next 3 turn.
6) Baby – A new arrival to the family. The maximum number of children allowed on the game is 3 per Player. Expenses per child is automatically calculated by the game upon choosing your profession. The cost per child goes to your expense column.
7) Downsized – Landing on downsized means that you have temporarily lost your job! You will have to pay the total amount of your expenses and lose 2 turns.
Note: this also ends the effect of charity.
Learn how to get out of the rat race by subscribing to BurnGutierrez.Com for FREE.
Join the OFW UsapangPiso Facebook Group and Forum to learn how to plan your finances the right way and how to grow your money in various financial instruments and investment vehicles such as stocks, mutual funds, UITF’s, bonds, money market, real estate, and others.
P.S. 1. Bro. Bo Sanchez has appointed me as a coach for our young and new investors at the TrulyRichClub social site. It’s a fun, learning family with the purpose of “helping good people become rich”. I’m inviting you to join the TrulyRichClub too and email me at email@example.com if you have any questions. Click here to join!
P.S. 2. The OFW UsapangPiso Philippines and Angat Pilipinas Coalition for Financial Literacy bring Marvin Germo’s Stock Smarts to Lucena City on May 24, 2014, 1PM-5PM at Koon Lin Seafood Restaurant. For details and registration, email Carmi at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More from my site